Prematches are good in the following situation
- Your scores and credentials are not that good
- You have only few interviews
- You have interviews only from hospitals that generally offer prematches.
- You are an IMG
- You need a visa
- You dont want to take risks
- You do not bother about the program. All you need is to get into the US system.
- You have less money and cannot afford to stay in US attending more interviews
Some of the disadvantages of the prematch are as follows
- You don’t get the best program
- You may end up signing with a program you don’t like but you want to play safe
- Your scores are high and your credentials are good but you will opt to choose a low ranked program
- Later you may regret if 'I had gone for the match. I may have got better programs'.
From the program directors point of view, pre-matches are good in the sense, they get the best candidates possible. They get candidates with top scores and good CV.
|< Prev||Next >|